Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Trusting God

One day as I was praying for my friend and her almost 2 year old baby boy, I became very upset and started writing "Trust". This baby developed an infection on his brain and was in the hospital for many weeks.  I had just had my baby girl a few months prior and couldn't imagine this happening to her.  I kept asking God "Why?"  "Why do things like this happen to babies?"  Although I never received a complete explanation, I feel that God spoke to me as I began to write.  As you read this next poem, remember one of two things.  If your children are healthy, thank God, and never take for granted the moments you share with them.  If your children aren't healthy, thank God that you were given the gift of life, and that you were never expected to deal with hard times on your own!

Trust


How will I ever see
The good in all of this


So many things I'd waited for
Are now the things I miss


That sparkle in his eyes
The sound of his sweet voice


I know that God is not to blame
But why is healing not his choice


When I kiss him
I can feel 
His heart loving mine


I don't know how
It all seems so hard
But he's going to be just fine


Is it like the day
I brought him home
And his eyes could hardly see me


But I held him and fed him and smiled
Because I knew
My baby boy he would always be


Can you really say
That unfortunate 
Is how you now see me


Because you've never held him in your arms
And you don't know what his future will be


Yes I'm sad and angry
And confused all in one


I've cried, prayed, and believed for so long
That my faith is almost gone


But if God is God
And I know that he is


Somehow someway
He will fix all of this


Maybe like I want him to
Wouldn't that be nice


But I've got to trust 
That he knows best
Without thinking twice


My prayers are different 
Than they used to be
And there's so much hurt inside me


But everyday I'm reminded
That I'm not in control
And never will be


My son is beautiful to me
In every way
Today tomorrow and forever
That's how he'll stay


I know who he is
And who he'll always be
No matter what our future is
We'll make it
Wait and see

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, until life gets too hard.... no...it actually says, and lean not on your own understanding:  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5

That was back in 2004 and the little man was a survivor.  He has disabilities that have changed many things about that family's lifestyle but the point of my post is to remind us all that no matter what struggles come our way.  Fair or not, deserving or not, victory or not, we have a GOD that has the whole world in his hands.  Do not get overwhelmed with this life.  It's temporary!


Romans 5: 1-5  Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.  More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment